Sunday, January 1, 2012

About Behind the Ballet Barre

The intention of this blog is to share my memories and things learned through and about ballet since my son began taking ballet at the age of 4 1/2 in 1999 and my 2 1/2 year old daughter tagged along and begged to be included in the class too.

A few years later, I began taking beginning adult b
allet classes.


As the children became more involved in more ballet and dance classes, our time at the dance studio increases and other activities slowly decrease.

After the first several Nutcrackers, I finally convinced my husband that watching from backstage was so much more enjoyable, especially if one is helping; and, now, being at the ballet studio is a family affair- including building props and helping with costumes.


While my son and daughter love performing and helping behind the scenes, my husband and I have no desire to be on stage when the curtain is up.

As my son pursues a career in classical ballet and my daughter applies what she learns in dance to other aspects of her life, my goal is to make sure that we have more than a few memorable "Behind the Ballet Barre" memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment